Dalia (bulgar; broken wheat)

                  
     

Being a hostelite I was looking for something to eat that I could easily cook (and won't have many dishes to clean :p) to lose weight.
Then it struck me "well dalia is something easy to make". So I started eating dalia with milk regularly.

➤ Here is what I noticed after eating it regularly for about a month.


1. I felt lighter and energetic
Since it is easier to digest, not much blood needs to be circulated to our stomach therefore blood can reach other organs of our body especially brain.

2. I didn't get hunger pangs so frequently
Dalia is a good source of fibre so it keeps our stomach full for a longer period of time.

3. It aided in weight loss
I was quite impressed with this one because not only is it low in calories, this was something that actually suited my body to lose weight.

➤ Following are some other benefits of Dalia:


- Helps to reduce cholesterol level
  Aids in weight loss.

- Good for diabetics-
  Because it has a low glycemic index, it prevents sudden elevation of blood sugar level.

- Helps to build muscles
  It is rich in proteins.

- Prevents constipation
  Due to its high fibre content, helps in bulking the stool and facilitate smooth passage in the digestive tract.

- Good source of other vitamins and minerals like Iron, magnesium, calcium, vitamin B.

- Prevents breast cancer
  Specially useful in post menopausal age group.

So it's not just a sick man's food, but also for someone aiming to lose weight and staying healthy.

 

Comments

Popular Posts